Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Baaaaad Kitty!


This picture almost perfectly exemplifies me this evening: under blanket, laptop open and drink in hand.  I'm a baaaad kitty (at least that's kind of how I refer to Bailey - my cat - in a playful way, when she's been getting into things she shouldn't be getting into).  In my case, I've opted to take the past four days off from running.  Monday's lapse was simply part of the "I'll do it tomorrow" school of thought, only to realize, too late, that I had commitments on Tuesday evening and couldn't run that night.  Tonight, my next planned evening to go running, I simply decided "F*&k it," I didn't really feel like it.  So, here I am, under blanket, laptop open, drink in hand...er, on the side table next to me, but still.  Pretty close!  I kind of thought, "Maybe I'll just drop a run this week...see how I feel..." and, well, here I am.  Now I just figure that I'll run on Friday at some point (I will have to run, Rob and I have already planned Fajitas and Margaritas, so I'll need to work off those extra calories!) and then get my 10K in this weekend.  No big deal.  So here I am, cutting myself a break.  I've been working hard and have been very dedicated to my running schedule so far, I deserve a little break!  I'm going to enjoy it!!!  After all, life's not always about running! 

No comments:

Post a Comment