Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Tempo Training (Take Two!)


Rob really kicked my butt today!  I asked him if he would work me out with some fartleks again and he ever so kindly obliged.  Y'know, I should really know better than to ask someone who's in WAY better shape to run with me...he makes it look so effortless!  Jerk.  (Just kidding!)

The back loop's reputation for being my favorite got a little tarnished today as the run was really challenging for me.  As I passed all the usual spots that would help me feel encouraged or lifted up in some way, I felt exhaustion and the ever present concern of "how much farther do I have to run at 70%"??  I don't think it helped that, since I was running with Rob, I didn't have any music to listen to.  Altogether, I think the tempo run went pretty well, but it certainly wasn't easy.  Rob definitely did his job and gave me one heck of a work out!!  When I got home, I could barely stretch I was so exhausted!  I had that sick feeling you get after a really tough work out, which Rob reassured me would leave me feeling better and stronger for my next work out.  I hope he's right!

NEXT RACE: 2 DAYS AWAY!!!

The Greater Maitland 5K is coming up on Saturday morning and Rob said he would come to take pictures again, which is really sweet of him!  I'm lucky to have such a supportive guy!  My goal for the race is to try and make a 38 minute time bracket (which means anything from 38:00 to 38:59).  Anywhere in there and I'll be happy with my results!  My alternative goal is to run the entire thing and go as slowly as I want to.  I'm not entirely sure which one I'm going to do yet, I guess I'll decide for sure on Saturday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment