Monday, October 17, 2011

A Week Off, Maybe?

The title of this post should be, "See Steph Sit Around" but, I'm trying to be kind to myself.  I did get out and run on Saturday (a very rough 4 miles with a 28 min run segment at the beginning), which I was proud of myself for doing.  Not only was I contemplating putting the run off until Sunday morning, I was actually weighing the pros and cons about putting it off altogether for the weekend.  It was tough though because I had to wait until around noon to get out there and it was quite warm, of course.  I was supposed to run 5 miles, but I was running out of energy so I cut it down by a mile.  I assumed, at the time, that I would just do a better job on my runs this week but it doesn't seem that way, at this point since I didn't do my run today like I was supposed to.  I'll be going out of town toward the end of the week, (Boston, yeah!!) so between preparations for that and trying to get my grad school application finished up, I'm not sure if I'm even going to have time to do much running.  I'm not going to let it stress me out either! 

Lastnight, I had a terrible dream (sort of) about the Disney half marathon and it definitely gave me a little bit of panic.  It was the first 'oh crap, what exactly did I get myself into with this Disney half marathon' dream that I've had.  (Hopefully the only one!)  Not fun!!  I think the increase in mileage is starting to worry me a little bit since I was kind of camped out around that 3 mile range for so long that increasing it is making me second guess myself and my confidence is flagging.  For this reason though, I will not let myself freak out about missing a week of running, if it ends up happening!  Get over it and move onto the next week, no big deal!!  I had an extra week built into my training anyway before the 15K, so it should be just fine!  Whenever I get back out there is just fine by me!  No panicking, no pressure, just fun!!     

No comments:

Post a Comment