Thursday, September 1, 2011

9/11 Heroes Run 5K

I realized that I never mentioned my most immediate goal in my prior posting.  I signed up for a 5K on 9/11 in honor of the 10th anniversary of, well, 9/11!  I still remember exactly where I was on that day (as does almost everyone, I would imagine).  It just seemed to have an extremely profound effect on me.  I was living in the D.C. suburbs (turns out, I shopped at the exact same grocery store as some of terrorists did and lived in the same apartment complex, without ever knowing it) and had a bunch of friends living in the NYC area, so it just seemed particularly chilling.



I'll be running the 9/11 Heroes Run in a suburb of Orlando and my goal is to run as much of it as possible.  I've got a good friend who will be joining me who runs 5K's in 23-26 mins.  But, she's definitely what you'd call a runner!  I'm guessing my pace may be more like 45 mins, though I'm sincerely hoping for a little better than that.  This will be my first true 5K. (In the past, I signed up for one with some friends, but I cut through the course because I was bored.  I know, I know.  Lame!)  Wish me luck!       

No comments:

Post a Comment