Thursday, September 1, 2011

Thursday Tennis Training

                                              (I WISH I could look like this playing tennis!)

Rob (the hubby) was kind enough to oblige me in playing a little tennis tonight, which was lots of fun!  We didn't play a serious game or anything (I'm still trying to get my stroke back after having been absent from tennis for a number of years), but it was still a really good time.  There were a few times that I thought I had him for sure with some fairly powerful, well-placed shots, but he's WAY too fast and managed to run down the shots every single time, that jerk!  I was robbed!  (But, to be fair to him, he's definitely extremely athletic!  I'm impressed that he can easily jump, with both feet together, over the net, landing relatively gracefully on the other side!  You have to respect his athleticism!)  He tried helping me work on my forehand more and I worked to build my serve up again throughout.  I'd say, "I'm getting better!" but, there really wasn't anywhere for me to go but up after tennis on Sunday!  Still, it was encouraging to know that I'm not totally a lost cause when it comes to tennis!  There really is hope for me yet! 

We played for about 45 minutes, after he led me through some dynamic stretches and quick court jogging exercises.  After we finished with tennis, we went swimming to cool down.  I'd love to claim this swimming as additional physical activity, but alas, I pretty much just floated around, face down, in the water.  Since it had rained quite a bit recently, the water was more refreshing than normal and my beet red face needed some soothing!

Altogether, I'd say a pretty good cross-training session for me and lots of fun!  A nice break from just walking around my neighborhood!  Also, this weekend, I will need to work on getting more music on my iPod.  This "Running" mix I put together was great, but now it's starting to get a wee bit repetitive!

TO DO: New music for iPod "Running" mix!

ON THE HORIZON: Saturday 4 miler (I'm REALLY nervous!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment