Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Tennis Cross Trainer

I was in a pretty foul mood when I got home from work today.  I think it's because I've cut my calorie intake at lunch and, despite trying to eat almonds and dried apple and cranberries to supplement a bit in the afternoon, I was still hungry when I got home.  A hungry Steph is a cranky Steph! 


Rob and I planned on doing some studying before playing tennis today and, let me just tell you, I was SO not feeling it!  I'm not really sure why exactly, the math problems weren't difficult, I just think it was that ugly mood (and maybe some of that hunger) rearing its head again.  Needless to say, after about 20-25 minutes of trying to struggle through the lesson, Rob gave up and we ended up just going to play tennis to work out that...well...whatever it was. 

It was an easy easy day.  I did try to make a concerted effort to catch the shots before they'd double bounce (unlike last time), but if he hit an incredible shot that I probably wasn't going to get to anyway, I didn't stress it.  In terms of fitness, a really good cross training work out for about 40 minutes.  In terms of my tennis skills?  Not so good!  My forehand shots would either hit the net or come off the end of the racket very flatly.  I'm pretty sure I kept trying to hit the ball when I was still too far away from it, which is a little weird.  And my backhand, usually my best shot, was totally off today!  I did have a couple of sweet backhands, but for the most part, it was not a good day to try and display my tennis prowess!  Still, I got out there and had some fun and got a little workout in!  I'll take it!     

No comments:

Post a Comment