Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A Weighty Issue


I'm so excited this morning that I just had to share!  While my main goal for this running venture I've embarked upon is fitness and a healthy lifestyle, a secondary goal is weight loss.  When I started out, I had a good 20 lbs that I should lose with an added 10 lbs that would bring me to my ideal weight.  I have to stress this, I haven't been super absorbed with the scale since I know my weight will fluctuate due to muscle mass increase (thus adding weight), water weight, etc.  I've been trying to eat better (and lighter) lunches than I used to and just generally make better food choices to help fuel this new activity.

When I have checked the scale lately though, I've noticed that I've lost about 14 lbs in the last 2 months of running.  When I do the math, I'm actually pretty surprised!  I didn't realize that I'd lost that much already! Alright!!


Well, today I finally fit into a babydoll t-shirt I've been dying to wear since I got it for free from work!  It's a really goofy Japanese Popeye t-shirt but it's always been too snug in my mid section so I couldn't ever wear it.  But today!  That's what I've got on!  Woohoo!  And it actually looks really cute!  I need to remember moments like this for the future whenever I get discouraged.  It's little things like this that make it all worthwhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment