Monday, September 26, 2011

Rain Delay


My plan for today was going to be to try and run 2.25 miles straight, as well as I could.  However, mother nature has other plans.  On my way home, I noticed some ominous dark gray clouds to the west of our house and was worried about the run being scrubbed.  Sure enough, while sitting at the traffic light right before our house, there was a pretty huge lightning strike not far away.  I was initially disappointed but figured I would get home and wait a little bit to see if maybe the storms went in another direction or simply didn't materialize at all.  Waiting proved to make things even worse.  So...I guess my training for the week will be pushed back by a day, unfortunately.  I mean, as much as I was dreading the run today, part of me really wanted to get through it so I could put the crappy run of Saturday behind me.  Now, I'll just have to wait another day to make that happen, ugh!!  I'm not good at waiting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment